Sunday, December 4, 2016

Resting in Peace

Something cool and damp fell down on my face, spurring me awake. I tried to open my eyes but my eyelids are too heavy. It feels like they are made of lead. They wont budge.
I hear a man say, “Come on, come on!”
...
Then another man reply “I'm going as fast as I can.”
I didn't recognize either of the voices. It sounds like they are above me. More of the stuff is falling down, hitting my chest and neck. It smelled fresh and earthy. Dirt. I have to think clearly. Where was I before now. I was driving down the road. I stopped at a red light. I remember a blue car with a guy beside me. I have him a tip of my head, and changed the radio. And then waking up here.
Another voice, “Hurry up, guys. We have to get out of here!” I don‘t recognize that voice either.
The first voice answered, “Relax. There's no one around. We've got time.”
I tried to move, trying to put my arms up. I tried to sit up but my muscles wouldn't budge. I tried to open my mouth to ask what was going on but my body remained motionless. All my muscles wouldn’t respond. More dirt hit my neck, half of it piled up over my mouth.
I heard the 2nd guy say, “Are you sure he's you know.”
“Yes, he's dead. Just shut up and keep a lookout.” growled the first guy.
No, Im not dead. There is something wrong with my body. I just cant move. Maybe a coma or something. The night air was cold. Dirt poured down on me in a steady rhythm, slowly swallowing up my paralyzed body. All I could do was lie there and be buried.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RbofY_d3lg

No comments:

Post a Comment